+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Graffiti & Street Art

Blog Entries

Yeah Banksy is great, he's definitely pushed a new wave of sprayers to take another look at what they're doing, and he's VERY active on the scene, always working. It's really inspiring. I've had a chance to see a few of his close up and it's amazing how much detail he puts into his work - I was actually watching Style Wars earlier this morning, it inspired this thread! just I feel like it's a majorly under-appreciated format, which many people disregard or find offensive for no reason. But it's part of the art world whether anyone likes it or not, it's the helvetica to the typhographic set, no way around it!

Some more great minimal work from Selon, also in Brazil:

Quote Originally Posted by orsonkidd View Post
    Growing up in LA my friends and I were all very into Hip Hop and Graffiti.......it was so much fun to go out "bombing" late at night...
    awesome! I can appreciate the battling sense of what tagging can be. It's almost like a community pushing each other to do better work.
    ...I grew up in small town Minnesota, sorta hard to tag a cow.

Style Wars is an epic video, just right to the heart of it all. Giving more of a purpose to it.
    I had a design class where we watched that one time and I had watch it all over again.

PK, I dig the less is more shots. Just great colors, it's cool too that people would add to it, giving it a pulse about it.

...I'm trying to upload this one cool pic along a sidewalk wall. But it's 12,870 pixels wide and I don't wanna do doosh up the web-spacing.
    It's an evolutionary cycle loop thingy, I'll try again later to link to it.
    this is clipped at 20% and it still wont fit it all in:

Blog Entries

I know a few people who would have absolutely no problem with tagging a cow

Some CRAZY ideas from Gualicho in Costa Rica:

Blog Entries

Lelo & Tika, various locales - beautiful colors!

(^^^ love ^^^)

Those hand ones are sick! Clever and fun.
    And that last one with the orange and yellow scene, it's so twisted and lush, makes me want to get out more and see whats new on the street.

Preview EDIT: I dig the solid/bold colors of the animals one, almost like a modern cave painting.
    Yet there's something about the yellow hair-strand by the door piece that is just really cool. It's simple and I think having it in such a rundown background makes a difference.

One more before dinner.
    This guys name escapes me, but he's made this his style. I've got a bunch of the invisible man in various scenes. Pretty talented to get the focus right.

Blog Entries

WHOA it took me like three looks to see that guy in there wtf! That's totally nuts!@ Very nice!

I'm a huge fan of any Lalo work, I love his imagination and he can make the simple seem complex... the yellow strand piece is great I agree, the texture of the broken tilework really makes that pop, sort of flowing/udulating off the doorway. I think the atmosphere is majorly important, just as important as what's been put up.

Keflione's duotone, in France (hiding in the last shot!)

Blog Entries

Miso in Melbourne, Australia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by orsonkidd View Post
    Growing up in LA my friends and I were all very into Hip Hop and Graffiti.......it was so much fun to go out "bombing" late at night. Train yards and the bus, or the overhead freeway signs...."getting up" was the most imp. thing in the world, at the time....
    I...I Love you. :embarrassed:

In the SF Bay area I used to go out all the time! I was part of a crew called HTF or Hittin' The Freeways! I think I mostly got in because I was not hard to look at and I accidently provided an alibi for the leader. lol GOOD TIMES. I was pretty much a wannabe that was well connected... I knew some of the heavy hitters in the East Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by pk. View Post
    WHOA it took me like three looks to see that guy in there wtf! That's totally nuts!@ Very nice!

I'm a huge fan of any Lalo work, I love his imagination and he can make the simple seem complex... the yellow strand piece is great I agree, the texture of the broken tilework really makes that pop, sort of flowing/udulating off the doorway. I think the atmosphere is majorly important, just as important as what's been put up.

Keflione's duotone, in France (hiding in the last shot!)

I like that "In graffiti, truth", nice!
    Last edited by iDREAM247; 12-21-2009 at 01:13 AM.

Blog Entries

Some clever OX billboard takeovers, France

Blog Entries

I grew up in Brooklyn, and I have always thought that Giulianis so called "clean up" in the 90's was a shame, even old school tagging graffiti can be beautiful, and it was a big part of the character of the city in which I grew up.

Todays New York is so much more sterile, I think it is sad.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information