+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Downton Abbey: ITV Programme with Rebroadcast on PBS

Default Downton Abbey: ITV Programme with Rebroadcast on PBS

There seems to be enough interest in this British period drama to warrant a thread of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by boonie View Post
    Two shows I'm thinking of watching are Downton Abbey and Boardwalk Empire. Anyone watch either? Can you recommend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilliganista! View Post
    I've been catching reruns of Downton Abbey on Masterpiece on PBS before the new series starts in January.

I've enjoyed it. A lot like Upstairs Downstairs decades ago.

if you have Netflix, you can stream it and then catch the new eps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illyria View Post
    I know I told you, but Sister One and I are devouring Downton Abbey S1 right now, it is WONDERFUL. We are streaming it on Netflix and I am so excited to learn about the second season!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice828 View Post
    ....that reminds me I still have to watch upstairs/downstairs as per an old assignment in college.

(Dr. Dukes said that if we had not see it we live in ignorance and drudgery. I ment to find it and watch it with my bff girl version, but then forgot about it....Dr. Dukes would not be amused.)
    From Wikipedia:

Downton Abbey is a British television period drama series, produced by British media company Carnival Films for the ITV network. The series is set during the late Edwardian era (after Edward VII's death and the First World War) on the fictional estate of Downton Abbey in North Yorkshire, and features an ensemble cast. It was created and principally written by actor and writer Julian Fellowes, and premiered on ITV on 26 September 2010.

The series is set in the fictional Downton Abbey, the Yorkshire country house of the Earl and Countess of Grantham, and follows the lives of the aristocratic Crawley family and their servants in the reign of King George V. The first series spans two years before the Great War, beginning with news of the sinking of the Titanic, which sets the story in motion. The second series covers the years 1916 to 1919 and the 2011 Christmas Special December 1919 to January 1920.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downton_Abbey

I have just finished watching the reruns of the original season (or “series”) on PBS and am now waiting for the second series to begin January 8 on PBS’ Masterpiece.

Ruling the world with a cat o nine tails and a sense of whimsy...
    Blog Entries

January 8th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was later!!!!!!!!!!!!

*races to set the Tivo*

Blog Entries

I watched the first 3 eps of the first season last night. I said to Red "man, the British were BITCHY!!"

But I loved it.

Folks can catch up at: http://video.pbs.org/

Yeah, this series surprised me with the amount of tension it can provoke with a few simple lines and plot twists. It has me on the edge of my seat every episode!

Blog Entries

The old bat has a heart!! The Dowager Dutchess giving Mr Mosely the prize for the gardening competition!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gilliganista! View Post
    Folks can catch up at: http://video.pbs.org/

Yeah, this series surprised me with the amount of tension it can provoke with a few simple lines and plot twists. It has me on the edge of my seat every episode!
    I know, isn't it great?!?!

The old bat has a heart!! The Dowager Dutchess giving Mr Mosely the prize for the gardening competition!
    I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good grief I can not wait until Saturday. I dont know what I would have done if I had watched this real time.

Blog Entries

Ha, I was all worried I wasn't going to have time to watch S2 before the new season started, and duh. That is the new season

That bitch OBrien
    Last edited by boonie; 01-03-2012 at 11:14 PM.

That bitch OBrien
    If we're talking about the same thing, she did seem to have a momentary second thought before that happened.

I can't figure out why she and Thomas are connected?

Oh, here's some info about the entail...

Everything You Wanted to Know About the Entail in Downton Abbey, and More

http://janeaustensworld.wordpress.co...bbey-and-more/

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/entail

Blog Entries

OMO I HATE Thomas and O Brien, I am so glad they are getting rid of him in S2-- and I can only hope that OBrien learns her damn lesson now.

Thanks Gilli I did wonder what in the hell was so unbreakable about it. I mean, has no one ever heard of a loophole?

Quote Originally Posted by Illyria View Post

Thanks Gilli I did wonder what in the hell was so unbreakable about it. I mean, has no one ever heard of a loophole?
    Well, the one I'm most familiar with took 2,000 years to break, required electromagnetism, a Frozen Donkey Wheel, and two sides, one dark, one light.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information