Final roles with some minor tweakage....
Civs - 13:
Jon Rubin (Greetings, 1968; and Hi Mom, 1970 ) – a Vietnam vet who likes to spy on his neighbors in the adjoining apartment building – May track 1 player on even nights
Travis Bickle (Taxi Driver, 1976) – a mentally unstable Vietnam vet who drives a taxi at night, he views his city as dirty and vows to clean up the filth from the streets – Civ Ninja, kills on odd nights
Monroe Stahr (The Last Tycoon, 1976) – a work oriented movie producer who doesn’t find the real meaning in life until he meets a beautiful woman who reminds him of a former love ~~(secret)~~– on odd nights, may choose 1 player and force them to vote however he chooses - ~*~SECRET EVENT~*~ The first time Monroe Stahr is targeted with a night power, The TriBeca Film Festival will occur – all players will be allowed to come up with a movie idea, including movie title and brief summary. All ideas will be put into a night poll, players will vote on their favorite, and a prize will be received. If you wish, you may reject 1 movie proposal outright by PMing your rejection to the hosts at any time during the contest.
Michael (The Deer Hunter, 1978) – a Vietnam vet whose time spent as a prisoner of war with the Vietcong has changed his perspective on life, and his relationships with the people in his life ~~(secret)~~– during night 2 he must choose another player to gain BTSC with, if he chooses a baddie, he will join that baddie team, if he chooses a civ with BTSC, he will join into that BTSC group - ~*~ SECRET EVENT~*~ The first time Michael is targeted with a night power, a Russian Roulette type poll will be posted during the next night phase. The hosts will create a poll with 6 options. Those who choose the randomly selected “bullet option”, and all non-voters, will be put into a pool. One player will randomly be selected from the pool to commit suicide.
Jack Walsh (Midnight Run, 1988) – a successful bounty hunter who always finds his bail jumpers quickly – cannot be lynched ~~(secret)~~and if attempted the first person who voted to lynch him will die instead
David Merrill (Guilty By Suspicion, 1991) – a Hollywood director who stands up for what he believes in before the House Committee on Un-American Activities – may protect 1 player each night
Wayne “Mad Dog” Dobie (Mad Dog and Glory, 1993) – a shy police photographer who saves the life of a mobster – may resurrect any NKed player (one time use only) ~~(secret)~~and may role check that player after rezzing them
Walt Koontz (Flawless, 2007) – ultra conservative security guard had a stroke – can block 1 player from performing their night action each night
Rupert Pupkin (The King of Comedy, 1982) – an aspiring stand up comic decides to try to achieve showbiz success by stalking his idol, a late night TV show host – can choose 1 from a variety of powers, and may only use each power once ~~(secret)~~– spy on a player, block night action, force vote, protect a player or NK
Master Chief Billy Sunday (Men of Honor, 2000) – a tough, embittered Navy man who has learned through experience not to tolerate inappropriate behavior – hosts will allow him to create punishments for players who miss 2 lynch votes or PMs in a row, break any of the rules or act like asshats - ~*~SECRET EVENT~*~ The first time you send in a punishment that does not need to be used (because no one screwed up) your punishment will turn into a competition for the next day period and so will all subsequent unused punishments. You may choose 3 players to compete, with the winner winning a prize.
Possible Civ BTSC:
Frank Raftis (Falling In Love, 1984) – on a normal Christmas shopping trip, this married man bumps into a beautiful woman who might change his life – searches for Bill Sullivan at night, and gains BTSC with him once found – Immune to The Family’s NK
Bill Sullivan (The Good Shepherd, 2006) – a General who is tasked with putting together an intelligence branch of the Army, and later the CIA – searches for Frank Raftis or The Creature at night, and he gains BTSC with them when he finds them – Immune to civ ninja NK
The Creature (Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, 1994) – created by Dr. Frankenstein from the remains of corpses, after being rejected by the doctor, he begins a quest for knowledge about the human condition and to find his “father” – searches for Frank Raftis at night, and when he finds him they gain BTSC – Immune to Emotionally Unstable Psychotics NK - ~*~SECRET EVENT~*~ The first time The Creature is targeted by a night power, all dead players will be put into a night poll, and all players (living and dead) may vote for 1 deadie who will be allowed to talk in thread, on topic during the remaining night phases! Your vote will count as 2 in this poll.
Mafia – 7 roles:
The Family – 4 members
Young Vito Corleone (The Godfather II, 1974) – lived his early life in Sicily, but had to immigrate at a young age to America in order to escape ruthless Mafia boss Don Ciccio, he later rises through the ranks, and becomes an intimidating Mafia Don in his own right – Starts with team NK on odd nights
James “Jimmy” Conway (Goodfellas, 1990) – being of Irish decent, he could never become a “made man” in the mafia, since he isn’t full blooded Italian – Role check
Sam “Ace” Rothstein (Casino, 1995) – a smooth operating sports handicapper that the mob sends to run the Tangiers Casino in Las Vegas ~~(secret)~~chooses one player each night who will have the chances of their night action going through lowered to 50/50
Al Capone (The Untouchables, 1987) – ruthless mob boss who is known as a cop-killer, can get to anyone he chooses one way or another, and feels revenge is the order of the day: you mess with him, he messes with you ~~(secret)~~– when targeted, the power will deflect to a random player, but he will die if role checked
Emotionally Unstable Psychotics – 3 Members
Max Cady (Cape Fear, 1991) – an insane ex-convict who is released from prison after 14 years and stalks his former lawyer and his family – Starts with team NK on even nights, he’s so crazy he can only be killed with an even number of lynch votes
Louis Cyphre (Angel Heart, 1987) – a mysterious man who hires a private investigator to find a singer named Johnny Favorite. – Role check, he’s so mysterious he can only be killed with an odd number of lynch votes
Jake La Motta (Raging Bull, 1980) – an emotionally self-destructive boxer whose violence and temper allows him to dominate inside the ring, but ruins his personal life – team bodyguard ~~(secret)~~– the first time a member of your team is targeted with a NK, you will die in their place, but as you die, you will role check whoever targeted you
INDEPENDENTS - 2:
Fearless Leader (The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, 2000) – he and his cohorts have hatched an evil plan to ultimately hypnotize America and turn their minds to mush using RBTV (Really Bad Television) – each night he puts 1 player on mute, taking them off the lynch poll the next day
Archibald “Harry” Tuttle (Brazil, 1985) – a renegade air conditioning specialist who once worked for the government, but left due to the amount of paperwork. – on odd nights, can cast a spell on a player to do nearly anything pending host’s approval ~*~SECRET EVENT~*~ The first time you are targeted with a night power, a riddle will be activated during the next night phase. All players will vote in the poll (including you). We will advise you of the winner, and you will be allowed to learn any secret pertaining to that player. Once revealed to you, you will decide if you would like the hosts to reveal the secret in the thread to all players, or if you want to keep the knowledge to yourself.
1) The hosts are not infallible, but their word is law during the game (if you break the rules flagrantly you will be punished severely in a way that penalizes both you and your team - be it civ or mafia)
2) No editing
3) No role outing/vouching – anything that smells of role outing (or "vouching"), even if incorrect, will be swiftly punished very harshly by the hosts (we enjoy inflicting pain)
4) No unauthorized BTSC
5) No information obtained via PM may be shared in the thread or you will drop dead – only discuss information in thread that may be found in thread
6) No being an asshat (subject to the hosts’ whims you will receive 1 and only 1 warning, then you will be punished by Master Chief Billy Sunday)
7) One missed lynch vote or PM will be accepted, after 2 missed votes or PMs punishments will be inflicted by Master Chief Billy Sunday
8) Lynch block or switch PMs must be sent in within 15 minutes of the poll closing, unless otherwise stated by the hosts.
9) If you do not post during each day period, punishments will be inflicted by Master Chief Billy Sunday
10) If you (or anyone on your team) are under a spell and make it public knowledge, you will drop dead (and we’ll enjoy killing you)
11) Rules are subject to change at the hosts’ whims
12) PMs should be sent to both hosts
13) No double targeting (targeting the same person twice in a row)
14) Awesome prizes will be awarded during games and contests that will affect the outcome of the game
• Days will be 48 hours, nights will be 24 hours
• Win conditions – last team standing – Indies may win with civs or baddies - win with your team alive or dead
• We will happily answer any and all questions you have – either in thread or via PM (unless the answer would give away game secrets)
• Unexpected things do happen during game play. We will try to deal with issues that come up as quickly as possible, so do not hesitate to mention anything either in the thread or via PM.
• We will be using the Natural Action Resolution method to deal with all night actions.